Congratulations to my friend Chris Liscio and Super Mega Ultra Groovy for the release of their new application, Capo.
Recently, I decided to get back into playing the guitar after a 10+ year hiatus. As you can imagine, I forgot a great deal. Thankfully, Apple helped out a bit with their GarageBand guitar lessons. But, it didn’t take very long for me to move through the provided lessons and want to start learning the songs in my iTunes collection.
Capo is a musician’s best friend. It lets you slow down your favorite songs, so you can hear the notes and learn how they are played.
Chris asked me to help beta test Capo just after he talked me into buying my new guitar (coincidence?) and it’s been the perfect tool for learning to play all over again.
Just drag your favorite songs into Capo from iTunes and hit play. Hit a complex guitar lick or chord progression, no problem. Create a loop over the section you want to concentrate on and set the play speed to 1/2 or even 1/4 speed without altering the pitch.
At $39, Capo is just the price of a half hour guitar lesson. And the gorgeous user interface makes it so much fun to play with.
Turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into a wireless speaker with Airfoil Speakers Touch from our friends at Rogue Amoeba.
Today, we’re happy to welcome a new addition to the Airfoil Speakers family, with the immediate availability of Airfoil Speakers Touch. Using Airfoil Speakers Touch alongside Airfoil for Mac or Airfoil for Windows, you can now send audio from your computer to your iPhone or iPod Touch on the local network. It’s a mobile audio receiver, right in your pocket!
(Via Rogue Amoeba: Under The Microscope.)
Bullfrog Lite is in the App Store.
Race against the clock to defend your swamp against invading bugs. Hop and chomp your way through 3 increasingly challenging levels.
Bullfrog Lite is the free version of our game Bullfrog Touch, which includes 75 levels and 13 unique maps.
Give it a shot, it’s free!
LicenseKeeper 1.4.6 is out.
Use “Check for Updates” under the main LicenseKeeper menu or download it directly from here.
This is a critical free update that fixes several rare crashes and a data loss bug. It also cleans up several user interface issues, including undo for the Notes field.
- Rare crash when importing or exporting applications and documents
- Rare crash when logging an error condition
- Hang when checking LicenseKeeper license while importing several apps during an auto-save cycle
- Missing attachments due to auto-save starting before data is fully initialized
- Drag & Drop export of attachments
- Drag & Drop import of attachments from Eagle Filer
- Undo for Notes field
- Confusing error message when attaching license file
- Support for more viewable text attachments
- Export from attachments contextual menu
- Help on scanning serial numbers
- Attachments contextual menu wording