After months of hard work, I’m proud to announce that Knapsack 2 has been released.
Knapsack helps you plan, organize, and relive your greatest adventures.
With Knapsack 2, now you can research your trips with powerful new world maps with street level detail and map search.
Use “Check for Updates” under the main Knapsack menu or download it directly.
Search the World
The powerful Map Search feature in Knapsack 2 lets you quickly find places, addresses, and even points of interest anywhere in the world. Locate cities, hotels, museums, airports, and more. Map Search uses an extensive online geographic database that is constantly improving.
Zoom from Continents to Streets
Knapsack’s incredibly detailed world map let’s you view your trip’s destinations at any level of detail. Get an overview of your trip or zoom in to see all the parking lots near your hotel.
The new maps provide tons of powerful new tools to help you plan your trips. But Version 2 also fixes a bunch of issues and several crashes.
Checkout the Release Notes for details on what is included in Knapsack 2.
Knapsack 2 is available for download as a free 30-day full-featured demo and is available for purchase as a single-user license for only $39.95. Five-user Family Packs are available for $59.95. Knapsack 2 is a free upgrade for existing Knapsack customers.
One response to “Knapsack 2 with Powerful New Maps”
i would like to use an app like this. But it would need to have some new features, so i guessed i’ll just suggest them:
• Link activities, locations and OSX address book contacts with each other. (For me that’s the main missing feature.)
• Show if an activity, contact or location is available (e.g. opening hours).
• Transport planning (airplane, train, bus, car, bicyle, walking, …) with routes, dates and times. If possible with searchable online data.
• Budget options for activities, transport and accommodation. Could be used to choose between different options and to sum up costs.
• Accommodation planning (e.g. hotel as contact, check-in, check-out, budget).
• Activity management: seeing time overlaps, automatic later end time if start time is changed, possibility to span over more than one days.
For now that’s all what came to my mind.